Thursday, August 18, 2016

The Friday 56 & Book Beginnings » Week 3

The Friday 56Thank you for joining us for our THIRD week of The Friday 56 & Book Beginnings!







Sierra's Pick


I Hunt KillersI Hunt Killers (Jasper Dent #1) by Barry Lyga

What if the world's worst serial killer...was your dad?

Jasper "Jazz" Dent is a likable teenager. A charmer, one might say.

But he's also the son of the world's most infamous serial killer, and for Dear Old Dad, Take Your Son to Work Day was year-round. Jazz has witnessed crime scenes the way cops wish they could—from the criminal's point of view.

And now bodies are piling up in Lobo's Nod.

In an effort to clear his name, Jazz joins the police in a hunt for a new serial killer. But Jazz has a secret—could he be more like his father than anyone knows?

bookbeginningsBook Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader.


"By the time Jazz got to the field outside town, yellow police tape was everywhere, strung from stake to stake in a sort of drunken, off-kilter hexagon."


Friday 56
The Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice.


Pg 56
"In his sleep, there was a knife.
       A knife in a sink.
       There was always a knife in a sink.
       And a voice.
       And a hand.
       A hand on the knife.
       Sometimes he thought -
       (no)
       - he thought -
       (no don't don't don't you go and)
       Easy, a voice says. So easy. It's just like cutting chicken.
       And another voice says:
       (no)
       It's okay. It's okay. I want -
       And sometimes he thinks
       (no)
       A knife."


This book first came to my attention when Ali wrote a review about it on her blog, My Guilty Obsession. With a synopsis like that, I couldn't resist!






We look forward to reading your Book Beginnings & The Friday 56! Remember to link them below so we can come visit :)

12 comments:

  1. Oh yeah. This was an awesome series. I hope you'll enjoy the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serial killer...I AM IN. I wonder....
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good. Here's my Friday read -Wastedby Mark Winkler.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of this book but am not sure that I could deal with the writing style if it is mostly like the 56. I am spotlighting a mystery this week - The Silence of Murder by Dandi Daley Mackall. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been meaning to try this one. Sure does sound fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved that one! I'll be interested in hearing what you think of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jazz sounds like a fascinating and complex character, but this one may be too scary for me! I hope you enjoy the story.
    My Friday post features CHASING CHARLIE.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one is on my TBR. It sounds like a seriously intense read!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa. I don't think I've heard of this book before, and now I am totally interested! Great Post! :D My Friday 56! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like buddy has schizophrenia! Sounds good though.... :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wicked!!!! Got hints of Dexter here! Will look into it. In a dark dark wood is some great humour.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am not sure I could handle this one. It sounds a bit intense for my taste. I hope you enjoy it. Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete